Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Waiting

I waited for u by the sea
But u didn’t come,
I waited for u in the sun,
But u didn’t come,
Whatever be the reasons,
I waited in all the seasons,
Summers left me parched and dry,
Still waiting for u I didn’t cry,
All through the times of rain,
I was all alone in my pain,
Then came the beauty of spring,
I still held the friendship string,
The winter is here with a cold night,
I left the door open to catch your sight,
I lived for so long to see you,
Due to the promise made by you,
Now my life is coming to an end,
I waited as long as I could my friend,
I knew when you promised, u had lied,
Because if I believed you, out of joy I would have died,
I also broke my promise that I will not cry,
I am leaving this world with a wet eye…………….

2 comments:

Divya said...

its beautiful..so simply put.

guptaghost said...

touching. specially the unresolved conflict within at the end.

makes you wonder if the regret persists or whether it was the fallout of a pre-meditated decision.

really happy you are back and going, seeing the long gap, felt u must have taken up a job at some forest office.